Monday 9 November 2015

Warm Woolly Wishes


Good Monday morning to you :)

I'm thinking of warm, cosy winter hats and gloves today and I've teamed up an old and new stamp set from Wplus9 for my seasonal birthday card.... these sets are a perfect pair together :)


The Holiday Cheer stamp set is a great set and not just for Christmas.... I've used the outline images of the hat and mitts on textured card and used one of the small patterns from Background Builders: Knit to add a pattern to them. I've used the same set to add a pattern to my card base and I love how the texture of the card adds to the knitted effect :)

I used Silver Fox and Winter pigment inks for a lovely cool colour palette on both the background and the garments. To add colour to the rib and bobble, I selectively inked the matching solid stamp then I used a coloured pencil for extra shading.


I mounted them onto a double stitched rectangle, the smallest I could go so as not to cover too much of the knitted background, and added a simple sentiment from Avery Elle's Let it Snow. The HUGS tag is made using Lil'inkers All About Ampersand

Holiday Cheer  Background Builders:  Knit  Let It Snow
Silver Fox Pigment Ink Pad  Winter Ink Pad
Double Stitched Rectangle STAX Die-namic


All this talk of winter mitts and hats but actually it's rather unseasonally mild at the moment... I'm sure I've usually had my gloves on by now for our daily dog walk!! Still I'm not complaining :)

Thanks for stopping by
Jenny x

No comments: