Sunday 1 November 2015

Snowscenes

The sun is shining today but as we're heading into November my thoughts turned to snow this week so I have a couple of cards with a snowy theme.

The first idea I had was to create a snowy village hillside as seen through a window using the Mama Elephant Window Watching die but my first attempt was a bit of a disaster as the objects in the window were too close!   So I did a second, but I used Twinkle Towns which has since sold out but I have ordered more today so it will be back by 15th November when their next new release is available too.   I'm sharing both cards side-by-side so you can see the failure and the better one.  The first uses Winter Wonderland from MFT and I think it could work if I'd used less items perhaps.


For the second one I added some chevron paper to act as wall paper and finished it with a sentiment from Mama Elephant's Jingle Greetings.  In both cases I popped some acetate to make glass behind the window and added shutters using the elements in the die set.

For my second scene I reached for an older set from last year's Paper Smooches Christmas release - Cool Dudes - the snowmen in this set are just too cute!


Stamped on a die cut craft circle and coloured with pencils with a few stamped snowflakes.  The sentiment on a red strip makes a bold statement and using the Burst die from Avery Elle with an embossing mat so it doesn't cut adds some nice detail to draw your eye to the centre of the card.


 



NEWS FROM THE STORE

  • SugarPea Designs have a new release on 6th November and we'll have it ready to go.  There are some super stamps and dies in this one I'm sure you'll love!
  • Winnie & Walter's latest release has now shipped to us and should be here by the end of the week.
  • Neat and Tangled also have a new release on 6th November and that is in transit too so will be with us this week.
  • My Favorite Things have a new release which is also in transit.
  • Mama Elephant have a new release on 15th November and that will be here by then along with restocks of the last release which sold out including dies for the Reindeer.
  • We have also secured a new brand which is very exciting as they are making a big noise in the USA - Concord and 9th!   Watch this space for more details.
  • We've also discovered that Flourishes are re-opening so are in touch with them and will get them back as soon as they do!


1 comment:

Ruth said...

Finally caught up on my news and so glad I checked here before I pestered you about when the SugarPea release would be with you, and the Winnie and Walter! Lucky it's my birthday soon...... :) Thanks for all you do and for getting Concord and 9th on board too - their stuff is so tempting!