Sunday 1 November 2015

November Sketch Challenge Week 1

So - are you ready for a new challenge?   We thought it was time we kick started Christmas here on the blog so we have lovely adaptable sketch for you and we'd like to see you use it to make a Christmas card using products we sell in store.

You can flip the sketch if it suits and combine with other challenges if you like, but we do need to see that our challenge inspired you in some way.   To be eligible for the £15 prize voucher you need to use at least one product we sell in store and you have until 10pm on Sunday 22nd November to play along so plenty of time to get Crafting for Christmas!

Here's the first of our Design Team's ideas for this sketch - you can see that we've interpreted in a variety of ways so you don't have to be totally literal.  We'll be back for the next 2 weekends with more inspiration and reminders to play along.

Jenny
My loose interpretation of the sketch uses North Pole stamps and matching dies from Avery Elle and I made my own dotty stencil using Avery Elle's Swim Team dies.... more details on my blog here



Lydia
I have copied the sketch near perfect but added my tag at an angle, I have used Mama Elephant 'Christmas Spirit' for the elf and the sentiment is from Wplus9 'Heartfelt Holidays'.


Tara
Using Mama Elephant's Reindeer Games, Jolly and Merry, Tags a Lot Dies and Merry Word Die and Lawn Fawn Large Stitched Circle Dies.



Link your project on our Challenges page when you are ready to play along.

3 comments:

Annette said...

Fab sketch and lovely samples. I love how they interpret it so differently. Love the festive themes too! I wanted to link up my card to your sketch challenge, but I can't find where to do so? Is the linky not available on the challenge page yet?

Tara Cardwell said...

Sorry Annette - I forgot to put the linky on - DOH! It's there now!

Annette said...

Hehehe, Ta, I'll nip back and link up. Thanks Tara. xx

I've just blown this month (and next month's) crafting budget on the new Stamping Bella Stuffies. I checked this morning and they were not on the MTDS website, but I had a tip-off they were there tonight, and I've kinda gone a little stuffie crazy!!!