Monday 31 August 2015

The Tool Shed


Good Bank Holiday morning to you :)

I couldn't resist the new Garden Grow set from Altenew, having a large garden and allotment, this set was definitely coming to live with me :) There are so many images for scene building so I decided to use the elements you'd find in a gardeners shed..... not that gardening is exclusively a guy thing but this set is great for masculine cards....


Having looked at the bench stamp I decided to mask off the legs on the stamp with washi tape and use the top as a shelf instead for my tool shed.
This is a one layer card which needed quite a bit of masking so I started by stamping out the hanging tools first and then went onto the shelf. I find it much easier to stamp out the whole design first on an A6 piece of rough paper to use as my spacing guide. I needed to make masks for all the items on the shelf which is really easy to do with Post It notes (you can but the 'all over sticky' kind in stationary shops here in the UK now).

I've water-coloured with distress inks although, because it isn't watercolour card I had to be quite sparing with the water!! The sentiment is from another Altenew set called Birthday Greetings, I thought the scripty font suited the sketchy style of the images :)

Garden Grow   Birthday Greetings

Not sure if much gardening is going to be taking place here today....... that depends on the Great British Bank Holiday weather as usual!! Hope you enjoy your day whatever you're doing :)
Thanks for stopping by :)
Jenny x

8 comments:

Kate said...

This looks like a great 'boy' card. I love it!

Ann said...

Love it! All that masking is just brilliant and what a good idea to turn the bench into a shelf! I've been delighted with this set too and you are right it makes great male cards. But I just can't work out what that implement on the far right is.... is it an American hoe or spade perhaps???

Jenny said...

Hiya Ann, yes I did wonder that too!! I'm going with a long handled trowel... looks kind of useful anyhow :) Thanks for you lovely comment too.
Jenny x

Dotty Jo said...

Fabulous card, Jo x

Craftychris said...

This is just fabulous! It just shows how versatile this stamp set is, it's going on my wish list! xxx

Holly Saveur said...

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE IT!!!!!
such a gorgeous and great scene..stunning card..!

Holly Saveur said...

Forgot to ask did you hand drawn the wood background yourself?
Still looking at your card..really in love with it..such a clever use of the stamps so happy this stamp set is on its way to me too..all the way to the Netherlands..so will have to wait a week or two...don't know why the post always takes such a long time for it....England is so close.

Jenny said...

Hi Holly :) Yes I used a very fine paintbrush and distress inks to make the wood-panelling.... its just a few squiggles and lines, never tried it before and found it quite forgiving :)
Thanks for all your lovely comments ladies xx