Sunday 2 August 2015

Jingle Stripes

Well it's August and as usual in the UK pretty miserable outside, so I thought I'd make a start on my Christmas cards - I was so far behind last year I almost had to send shop bought cards "shock horror" so I do need to get ahead this year for sure!

I started with the great Graduated Stripes Cover plate die from Neat and Tangled and die cut it just once from green card - the bonus on this die is that you can create two cards from the one die if you use the stripes that fall out as well as the plate die itself ;-)   This die is ONLY available here and at Neat and Tangled - it was exclusive to them but I persuaded them to let me have it for my UK and European customers.


I paired the die up with Jingle all the Way from My Favorite Things.  For the first card I used the dancing Santa and die cut a stitched circle from the cover plate die and embedded a white stitched mat into the space to mount the Santa onto.  I love the HO squared sentiment - makes for a fun and funky card!

For the second one I just layered the stripes that came out of the die closer together on the bottom of the card leaving room at the top for the trees and presents which I masked and then coloured with pencils so it wouldn't show on the inside of the card.  The Santa's are coloured with copics.


NEWS FROM THE STORE:

  • August is going to be a HUGE month!   Lawn Fawn, Hero Arts, and Avery Elle all have their Autumn/Winter releases out this month.   We have our order into Lawn Fawn and Hero Arts, Avery Elle's will be the last release on the 27th so that won't be coming for a couple of weeks yet.
  • My Favorite Things have releases every month on the 7th so that one is already en-route and will be available on release day.
  • Mama Elephant also release every month on the 15th - our order for that one is in and hopefully we'll have it for release day also.
  • Wplus9 is also having a release towards the end of the month and that will be available for me to order tomorrow.
  • SugarPea Designs have a new release out but due to a mix-up it won't be available to us until later in the month but it will be coming along the with restocks on the home die that everyone is waiting for.
  • We are getting restocks from Winnie and Walter as their next release is not until late September.
  • We are waiting for our order from Altenew to ship and hope that will be at some point in August.
Told you it was going to be a BIG month!   If anyone has any spare elves knocking around - I could use some to help pack!!!!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.   Happy Crafting

Tara




1 comment:

Kitty Crafts said...

It's going to be quite a month! Can't wait to see all the new releases...and some more Christmas cards! :)