Friday 21 August 2015

A Wild Watercolour Ride.

Hi everybody,

Jill here.  I hope you're all well.


I've got some of the newest release from WPlus9 for you today, and boy oh boy what a killer release it was!


I used the 'Going Places' stamp and matching die sets to make my card.  I'm not sure if it shows well on the pictures, but I added a sneaky little shaker behind the hot air balloon!  


I started by stamping out my elements, and watercolouring them using Distress Ink.  I washed over my background at the same time, to create a pretty sky of pinks and blues.  I then took the matching die set, and cut out my pieces, cutting the balloon from my background at the same time.  I only needed to cut the balloon to create my little shaker window, so inlaid the rest back in.  I covered my window in acetate, filled with some beautiful Neat and Tangled sequins, and sealed up.  I cut a couple of layers of clouds using Mama Elephant's 'Landscape Trio die', one layer from white card, and one layer from vellum.  I then put all my pieces together and built up my scene.  I stamped my sentiment onto vellum and adhered using 'Stick-it' (I can't stop sticking vellum any, and every, where now I know 'Stick-it' is invisible!).  I matted onto another layer of vellum, and another piece of card I had washed with Distress Ink, then onto a soft grey card base.  I embellished with a couple of black enamel hearts, and there you have it.

I hope you like it and would love to read what you think of the newest Wplus9 release.

Everything I used is linked below, so be sure to go and be blown away by how awesome the new sets are!

See you next week.

Jillx

Going PlacesGoing Places Die

Landscape Trio Creative CutsIndex Card Creative Cuts

Stick It Die Cut Adhesive Sheets (pack of 5) Large

     Sunset Shimmer Sequin Mix      Crystal Clear Sequins

2 comments:

Holly Saveur said...

such a sweet card..love the wate rcoloring!

Keren Baker said...

Awww. Seriously ahhhh. Gorgeous watercolouring. I do love this set!