Friday 10 July 2015

Simply, Pretty Peonies

Hi everybody,

I've got a very simple, pretty card to share with you today.


I used the new 'Peonies' stamp set from Avery Elle for my card.


I fell in love with this stamp set the second I set eyes on it, and new instantly I wanted to do some pretty watercolour with it.
I found a picture to use as inspiration, and set about colouring my pretty scene.

Image result for single peony

I used my new favourite toys, the 'Zig Clean Colour Brush Pens', for my watercolour, but obviously you could use anything.  


I stamped my scene, masking off as I went, and clear heat embossed (you could use white powder for the exact same effect, I just find clear easier to work with).  I LOVE the look of watercolour with white lines.  I think it just makes it so soft and gentle, even when using such vivid colours as I have here.  


 This beautiful set includes a choice of Peonies, foliage, and sentiments, so you can create any arrangement your heart desires.  I think it would look awesome to create a whole cluster of peonies, all slightly different shades.  It's also a perfect set for practising your colouring, be it watercolour, or alcohol markers, or whatever medium you choose.
My sentiment is stamped in Black Versafine and embossed, again, in clear powder.  I finished by embellishing with a scatter of pearls to compliment the pretty vibe and matted onto one of the black Avery Elle card bases.  And there you have it...pretty in pink peonies.
As always, everything I used is linked below so go and have little peak.

See you next week.

Jillx

Peonies    Midnight Collection Notecards (12 pack)





No comments: