Sunday 12 July 2015

A mixed bag

I've got a real mixed bag for projects for you today.  There are so many lovely new products in the store it's hard to work out what to play with!

Firstly - when I saw the Lotus stamp from Waffle Flower crafts, I could immediately imagine fairies frolicking amongst them so I created this little card with it.


The flowers are stamped and embossed in white and coloured with inktense pencils.  The little fairy is not a stamp - I drew her as I couldn't find a stamp to fit my idea.  The dragon flies and sentiments are from the same set.  To brighten it up I added a few splatters using the inktense pencils and then the edge trimmed around the one flower before mounted onto an Avery Elle card base.

Secondly I wanted to play with a new to me but older My Favorite Things stamps - Stirrup Some Fun.  I made this card for a horsey friends birthday - it's the perfect image for her.


This time the colouring is copics with a little pencil detail on the horse.   I die cut the image using a zig zag circle die from MFT which is a really unusual pattern and used the Lawn Fawn stitched borders to add a pattern around the edge.  I tiny Happy Birthday rosette adds a "winning" touch!

Finally here are a couple of cards I shared on my personal blog yesterday to meet a challenge deadline but I thought they would be fun to share here too. 


This uses just two dies from Paper Smooches - Band Aids and Get Well Phrase.  Both of which have been around for a while but they are very useful additions to a craft room.  I arranged my plasters before die cutting the word from the panel and piecing it back in again in red.

This one was for the Less is More challenge I like to play in each week and this week you need a one layer masculine card.  The new stamps from My Favorite Things fit the bill perfectly here.


Split Diagonal stamped in 3 shades of distress inks with deliberate patchiness to add interest to one side over stamped with silhouette balloons from Birthday Wishes and Balloons and a fabby bold statement sentiment from Brushstroke Birthday.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Tara


NEWS FROM THE STORE:

  • Mama Elephant have a new release on 15th July and we have already received our stocks so it will be live as soon as it is released stateside.
  • Reverse Confetti's release is en-route and should be with us mid-week.
  • We have a few more My Favorite Things items coming including so sold out items from the current release which should also be with us mid-week.



1 comment:

Ruth said...

These are all soooo good! Can't believe you drew that fairy! Lovely. Xx