Thursday 23 April 2015

Stamping Contrasts - Scrapbooking



We have an extra special treat on our series today as Louise is back for a visit - and appropriately on her old day so we're having a flash-back Thursday today :-)   Louise is the Queen of project life and scrapbooking so for our Contrast we choose Project Life VS Cards using Scrapbooking stamps.  We opted to play with Bright Lights from Hero Arts and these are our contrasting projects!




Louise


We are showing two different ways to use the Hero Arts set 'Bright Lights'. I am using them for a Project Life layout. They are PERFECT for documenting life, whatever your chosen medium is!
The 'memories' stamp fits perfectly in pre-labeled 3x4's-it is the perfect size.
I went to town a little with the city scape stamp-making a glitter peephole tag for an embellished card-how cute is that stamp?!   And talking of cute - if you build up sequins on the camera stamp it makes the perfect lens!  Take a look at the shot below to see that cute detail.



I hope it gives you some inspiration-this is a really versatile set you NEED in your collection!


Tara


This set has some great sentiments for cards but as the first dance at my wedding was to the You and Me song I was drawn to making a card for my hubby so went down the lurve route.  I die cut a heart from pink paper from the Lawn Fawn Beachside pad and a couple from white card so I could give it some dimension so I could layer them up after embossing the ampersand from the stamp set onto it with white embossing powder.  I stamped the leaf from the set with the Hero Arts Ombre pad 3 times directly onto the base underneath where I wanted to add my heart to create a visual triangle.   I used a little loose watercolour paint to add some splatters to match the heart - just flicking them on with a paintbrush.   I die cut the fabulous arrow from Reverse Confetti and adhered that to the back of heart and stuck the heart down with foam tape for more dimension.  I stamped "You" and "Me" onto white card and trimmed it and stuck that on with foam tape too - the different heights all add interest to a CAS design.  I finished with a strip of grey washi tape in a geometric pattern to tone down the girlyness and a second visual triangle of enamel dots.

http://www.makethedayspecial.co.uk/shop.php#!/Bright-Lights/p/39726425

Have we inspired you to join in the fun?
If you fancy having a go and challenging yourself to stamp a contrast along with us then link up your entry below - just pick a contrast from any we'll be demonstrating this week and make your own.   You could either make 2 cards to show the contrast or just choose one of ours and make the contrast to match it (so choose Louise's project life page and make a card like I did with whatever scrapbooking style stamps you have - you don't have to replicate the project - just the contrast of using scrapbooking stamps in a different way)   We'll leave the link open for a week after our final post on Saturday so you have time to see all the contrasts before picking one to join in with and then have a full week to play.   You never know, we might even find a prize for the best contrast ;-)


3 comments:

Lucinde | Lucilight said...

I love these challenges! I really hope to get some time to create this weekend... I have a busy working schedule right now *taking a break to read your amazing challenges haha* but I'll try to make time for some cards this weekend :).

Keren Baker said...

Lovely Lou is back! Yay! Love what you both have created- I'd never have given that set a second look- but now I love it!

amnse said...

These are great contrasts -so different in many ways and both so effective. Definitely inspired to have a go when I have time!