Saturday 31 January 2015

Good Friends Are Like (Glittery) Stars

We are still approaching Valentine's day and if you – like me – don't really like the traditional love cards or currently don't have anyone to give such a card to, maybe this will inspire you. Why not create valentine's cards for your friends and tell them how much you appreciate them? That's what I did with one of my favorite Avery Elle stamp sets, Written In the Stars.


The front panel was cut with a Mama Elephant die, and the circle with a Waffle Flower die – I just love the stitched effect around the circle, it makes it look so much more finished. Right behind that front panel, I mounted a sheet of vellum. On it, I created the sparkly starry heart with Elizabeth Craft Glitter. Carefully rub it with your finger to set it and voila – a super sparkly, stamped image:


I stamped a few stars on the card base behind the vellum with silver ink. You can not see the stars clearly, but that was okay because it works perfectly with the sentiment I had chosen.

I hope you enjoyed the card and will find new uses for some non-Valentine's themed stamp and die sets! Thanks for stopping by!

If any of the products I used for this project are not available in the store, I'm offering alternative products at the end the product listing below.

No comments: