Sunday 14 December 2014

Getting Smoochy

I've been playing with the new arrivals this weekend - I'm really loving the new Paper Smooches release - some really strong and useful designs that I know I will turn to again and again.  I couldn't decide which set to use so made 2 cards - one for Christmas and one not as I'm kind of over Christmas even though I have loads of cards still to make!

For the non-Christmas version I used the bold new Lovely Thoughts stamp set and made a one layer thank you card with a little masking.


I stamped the bold outline in black and then used Coral Burst and Orangeade inks from Mama Elephant to fill in the colour.  To get some contrast on the upper petals I stamped coral burst but then over stamped the whole image with orangeade to get a tonal shade.

 For the second card I wanted to play with the fabulous Fancy Frames - I filled them with Christmas sentiments from Christmas Sampler but you could equally do the same thing for a birthday or any other occasion.


I mounted the white panel onto a red base card leaving a strip of it showing and added a very thin strip of blue washi tape on the opposite edge to tie the colours together.   These are super quick and easy to make if you need to rustle up some last minute cards.

NEWS FROM THE STORE:

OK - so the major news as you all know now is that sadly Louise has had to step down from the DT to give her more time for her family.  However, this does mean that we can now add another new member to the team - and as we had so many fabulous entrants in our last call, I had someone lined up ready to go - so from January your Thursdays will be inspired by Sarah from Funky Fossil Designs - I'm sure you're going to love what she brings us!

The final items arriving in store before we close will be the latest Avery Elle release - they have just cleared customs so I will pick them up on Monday and get them in store as soon as I can!

Don't forget - we close on Thursday at 8pm for 2 weeks so you have just 4 more days to get any last minute orders in!

Catch you later.

Tara

No comments: