Tuesday 11 November 2014

Warm Wishes

Good morning - Keren is taking a little break this week, so I thought I'd take the opportunity to show off some of the new release from Neat and Tangled that arrived yesterday.


I started with the new warm wishes stamp - although this is Christmas focussed, you could easily use it for those people who have winter birthdays too - and decided to play on the "warm" for my colour palette.   I embossed the image in gold and then used distress inks to make the panel "glow" (does it remind you of ready brek adverts from the 80's???) 

I wanted to add some more gold so opted for a die cut panel using the new tiny triangles die - I've used it landscape and used the partial die cut method to extend the panel and cut it twice to get a panel double the size of the die.  It's easier to do than you might think - just line the edge you do not want to cut up with the edge of your cutting plates and make it hang over the edge of your base plate and then hey presto, no cut.

I layered up my panels at angles, adding a deep red glitter paper underneath and then carefully coloured the mug with copics to match and make it stand out.  A scattering of sequins from the Festive Fall collection was the my final finishing touch as they match my colours perfectly.

Catch you all on Sunday

Tara



2 comments:

Keren Baker said...

That's gorgeous- love all the inking and that diecut triangles matt! Thanks for filling in xx

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

That looks so warm and inviting, I love it, probably something else I will need! Great card Tara. Hazel x