Saturday 29 November 2014

Traditional Christmas

Hello crafty friends! Today I’m sharing with you a card using Mama Elephant stamps, the wonderful Believe in Magic set. The options with this set are endless and you could go and create most of your cards with just this set because it’s so versatile.


I started out by distressing the little globe with two colors after I die cut it, then gold embossed the wonderful intricate tree from the stamp set. To keep the colors traditional, I stamped the footer of the globe in brown and die cut it as well – both elements are mounted on 3D foam.

Before I adhered them to the front panel, I used the die for the globe to help me bend the sentiment into a half circle so it would curve perfectly, matching my element.


To add some more color to the card I mounted the white front panel on a piece of green card stock, just wide enough to peek out about 1/8 of an inch on each side. Now, for the twine: As usual, I wrapped the twine a few times around the front piece and then tied a secure know and cut off the entire rest of the twine. I created the bow separately and then glued it onto the knot if the original twine – you really can’t see it unless you know what you are looking for and you look really closely. I just find that so much easier.


On the grey card base, I stamped a woodgrain pattern to make it more interesting, but you can use literally every kind of pattern that you like… stars, dots, triangles – your creativity can go wild here.

You can find the products I used in the links below – if my used product isn't available in the store, I've offered suggestions on what you could use alternatively.

No comments: