Saturday 15 November 2014

Joy To The World – Use Your Alpha Dies Creatively

Today's card shows you how you can use your alpha dies – almost all alphabet dies will work here – to create a christmas themed card. I am using the Mama Elephant Inline Alphabet dies because they are so narrow that I can fit my entire "sentiment" onto the card. I picked "Joy to the world" because that somehow conjures up happy thoughts of christmas movies, mulled wine, a crackling fire … ahhhh, I so want it to be cold and christmas-sy.


I lined up the dies for each word against the straight edge of acrylic block to make sure my words weren't crooked, then used the sticky side of a post it to grab them and temporarily stick them to my card. Of course, I needed to do that multiple times because I needed a few letter more than once :) It's not terribly difficult, you just need a bit of patience. And since crafting is supposed to be enjoyable, this is best done with a glas of wine or cup of milk, whatever keeps your mojo going. (As you can clearly see, I had maybe two glasses of wine which I blame for the words being a tiny bit wonky)

I cut the front panel, from which I die cut the words, a bit smaller than the standard A2 card base and then used a Paper Smooches die to create the perforated border. A bit of red card stock beneath it and now we're already getting into the holiday mood. Use any kind of glitter or glitter pen to give the red that peeks through the letters some shine and sparkle.

You could absolutely stop here and leave the card as is, but I had to embellish it just a bit to make it sparkle and shine even more. If you'd prefer it to be plainer or more CAS, leave out that step.

 Thanks for stopping by – have a wonderful weekend!

No comments: