Monday 10 November 2014

A Hint of a Snowman!!

Hello there..... :0)

For my Christmas project today I've been playing with the Snowman dies from Paper Smooches...it's a rather cute set to help you build your own jolly snowman. I wanted to show you the dies because you actually receive two different sized snowman faces in the set which isn't shown in the die set graphics, they can be used independently from the body or layered over for some depth to your design.


For today's projects I've used them differently, first of all I turned the largest head into a template so I could stick the eyes nose and mouth onto the card front. I added colour before removing the template and then gave my little snowperson a hat and scarf to finish him off :0)

He sits quite nicely in place of the 'O' in the greeting, your eyes automatically see his round head even though its not there!!!  I've used Lawn Fawns Finleys alphabet dies, I just love how you can double them up so make them look 3D... but any alphabet would work here :0)


For my next project I used the negative spaces from more of the dies as a stencil and sponged ink through to build a whole snowman....


The hint of blue is just enough to make him look rounded and tricks your eyes into filling in the rest of his shape!! I made him into a tag using the Paper Smooches Quote Tag Dies...


With all the component parts in this set you could even make a 'Build your own Snowman' shaker card too!! ....... the possibilities are endless :0) Click on the products to take you to the store...

       Snowman Dies  Quote Tag Dies  Christmas Sampler   Finley's ABCs Lawn Cuts


Now to something non-christmassy!! .... It's my card for this weeks photo inspiration challenge at Paper Smooches Sparks which uses the Knick Knacks stamp set..


Please do hop over and see the challenge photo and the inspiration from my teamies, we don't seem to have as many entries for these photo challenges!! You can take any small piece of inspiration from the photo for your card and we'd love to see you play along with us :0)

Thanks for stopping by
Jenny x

1 comment:

Tanja said...

I especially love your very creative first card - awesome idea