Thursday 30 October 2014

CAS Style Christmas

It's November! That means you probably should start thinking about your Christmas cards (yes, really, because you need to post them in time for the holidays ;) ). If you're lacking ideas, check out my series on holiday cards - I'm sure that will get your creative juices flowing.

Today I have a card that showcases a delightful stamp and die set - Cozy Christmas by Mama Elephant. I have a video over on my blog showing you how I made the card, so feel free to hop over and check it out.


I tried to keep the card clean and simple and yet add a touch of oomph to it - you'll be the judge of whether or not I succeeded.

I found stamping on the little front panel and the card base especially difficult. If you're using thicker card stock, you can end up with an area right next to the panel where the stamp didn't touch down. With clear stamps, make sure to like them up well and just "fill in the blanks" as I did in the video.


Finally, by pouring some glitter on wet embossing paste you can get that perfect subtle sparkle that gives the awesome impression of snow. I also made sure to have the "snowflakes" be on top of the tree and Santa to add the illusion of dimension.

By the way, if you don't have heavy card stock that doesn't bleed through with your Copic markers and you need to mount the entire thing on a card base, consider using a colored card stock that reflects the colors of Santa or the tree. I created a variation as well, let me know which version you like best!



I hope you enjoyed these cards and the video over at my blog - I'd love to read your comments or have your thumbs up over at YouTube. Thank you!

Supply List

2 comments:

victoria h said...

Love all the added texture on your card. The green base is my favourite!

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

So cute! I love all the cards you make and love watching your videos on You Tube . . . you are so enthusiastic!

Hazel xx