Monday 1 September 2014

Faux Painting on Wood

Good Morning :0)
Well it's been an indulgent weekend here with new Lawn Fawn stamps and dies arriving :0)
I also picked up a pack of the Wood Veneers that Tara has in store and I thought I'd have a play with them to see what I could make...

As you can see straight away, it's green!! I took the piece of pine veneer and sponged white pigment ink across it before swiping Bundled Sage distress paint over the whole piece... I love that you can see the grain through the colours.

I wanted to achieve a stencilled paint look so I used Lawn Fawn's Penelopes Blossoms stamped first in Memento Pistachio dye ink to give a tone on tone effect. I then used this as a guide to over stamp the individual leaves and flowers using a selection of Avery Elle and Memento pigment inks.... had you noticed the individual elements in Penelopes Blossoms are exactly the same size used in the semi-circular display???

Being pigment inks you have to remember they need drying time although you can easily use a heat tool on this veneer at a gentle heat and remembering to keep the tool moving!!
Whilst the pigment inks give good coverage on the wood I still love the translucent quality of some of the colours, to finish I edged the trimmed piece with white ink and matted onto grey card for contrast :0)
The veneer has a self adhesive backing which is super sticky and makes life a lot easier :0)

                                   Peel & Stick Veneer Pack   Penelope's Blossoms

It's the 1st of September so our next monthly challenge will be launched later today and this time we have a sketch for you so stay tuned for that and as always a reminder that the new Paper Smooches Sparks challenge went live yesterday. It's Anything Goes and I've used Market Fresh and Streamers for my DT card... check out the challenge details here :0)

Thanks for stopping by :0)
Jenny x

1 comment:

Ann said...

LOVE it! How clever to stamp over the image and create that beautiful floral bouquet. But DRAT! that's another set I must have now! ;)