Thursday 3 July 2014

Throwback Thursday

Hello!
Hope you are having a lovely week-nearly at the weekend!
In today's post I have started what is turning out to be a massive undertaking (you know those projects-they seem like a good idea at the time,then end up being fairly mammoth? Yup,one of those)
I thought it would be a lovely idea to make my two year old niece a set of flash cards using mostly Lawn Fawn products. 
First I inked up Quinn's ABC's,as these are a great size for this,and have both upper and lower case. Then came the fun part-finding alphabetic critters :-D


(I had to use a Paper Smooches set for the Ee one. Egg would have been super easy,but my niece is highly allergic to egg,so I didn't want to include any egg type thing)

Next came the colouring! Our family uses Montessori as a teaching tool,so I used Montessori alphabet colours for all the alphas,blue for consonants and red for the vowels. I used bold un-fussy colours.


And then backing for the unsightly backs,using Lawn Fawns petite pads

So,this is the first lot. A-i. I think I will laminate them when they are all finished to make them durable.

I hope these inspire you to make some gifts for the little ones in your life!

Lou x

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't think I could sit and make the whole alphabet! But such a cute idea! Well done :)

Unknown said...

Hahaha,that's why I'm doing it in bits ;-)
It really was great fun doing it though....but by 26 I might have had enough lol
Lou x