Monday 30 June 2014

Project Life DIY!!!

Hi there :0) I have something a bit different today!!

I've been pondering around the idea of starting a project life album, those fabulous core card kits look just so scrummy and the thought of speedy scrapbooking is attractive too :0)
When you actually look at the designs in some of those kits though I couldn't help thinking I could use the stamps I already have to make my own.....


I'm a bit of a procrastinator so knowing which photos to start with was hopeless so I thought I'd just get some ideas for core and journal cards out of my head and into real life and hopefully the photos and album will come later :0)

These two are cut with the Lawn Fawn 3x4 journal card die and I've used the tandem from Roll With It the solid speech bubble negative stamp from Oh Yeah and the wording is from Paper Smooches set called Captured Moments which is an ideal set for scrapbooking :0)


This one is cut using the larger Lawn Fawn Journal card die and stamped with the typewriter from Just A Note and the scroll of paper is stamped on white card, cut out and inserted through a slit in the top of the typewriter. The wording is again from Paper Smooches Captured Moments stamp set .... I was leaving the left handside for a photo or journaling :0)


These last two are cut using dies from My Favourite Things but to be honest you don't really need fancy dies as long as you have a ruler and a craft knife... a corner rounder is an optional extra!! I've used the long and short brushstrokes from Avery Elle's Brushed on both of these cards... the long one makes a great striped background for that sketchy camera in #Smile and I used a versamark pen to colour the heart with sticky ink before adding gold embossing for a touch of glamour :0) The torn edge notecard has been stamped with Lawn fawns SchoolHouse Backdrops for the lined paper look and the Hello is from the same Avery Elle set mentioned above :0)

If Project Life or pocket scrapbooking is somethng you've thought about trying I encourage you to take a look at your stamps and see what designs you could turn them into, you'll have a great time being creative and making your pages even more personal :0)


Oh and before I go just a quick reminder it's an Anything Goes challenge over at Paper Smooches Sparks this week, here's my DT card for this week featuring the mad scientist from Great Chemistry. Please pop over and see the DT inspiration and play along too, it would be great to see you in the gallery :0)

Jenny x

1 comment:

Jane said...

Brilliant idea to stamp your own journal cards , they look very professional!