Wednesday 25 June 2014

Musing on Origami

It's an unusual midweek visit from me today as Kate is feeling a little under the weather but will be back soon.

Do you sometimes struggle for inspiration when you need to make something?  I do, and I often check out some of my favourite challenges when I need a little creative steer.  This week's MUSE card challenge really struck a cord with me so I've based my card on their MUSE http://musecardclub.blogspot.ca/2014/06/muse-challenge-73.html


The original MUSE (see below) was a butterfly but the way Beverley coloured it really made me think of the Mama Elephant Origami set I had yet to ink up, so I used her colours as inspiration and coloured in the cat and the heart speech bubble with pencils and added one of the sketchy sentiments from the set which I just love.   I like the flat blocks of colour you can play with on this set, like the cubist art movement.  As you've probably all realised by now, my style tends to the CAS and love all the white space on this one.


I hope this gives you some ideas as to where to look when inspiration fails - there are so many challenges out there - we'll be back with our new one on 1st July too ;-)



See you Sunday - enjoy the rest of the week.

Tara

3 comments:

Deborah Frings said...

Oh I do like your take on the MUSE card. Your little origami fox is absolutely adorable! And I like the bold colours too!

Ardyth said...

Love the bold cheerful colours on this! So glad you joined us at Muse this week!

Happy Dance said...

Great take on the Muse! Love how your little origami figures mimic the lines on Beverley's butterflies. Great card. Bev