Friday 25 April 2014

Needle Little Love?

Today I have a simple little card using a great little stamp and die set from Avery Elle and since I adored the colours in their latest challenge I used those as my jumping off point for the design  http://aeiheartuchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/aeiu-challenge-5color-combo.html



I used the Needle Little Heart Elle-ments die to die cut the heart from the pale blue card and then used embroidery thread in lime green and teal (3 strands of each in the needle at the same time) to stitch the cross-stitch hearts using the holes the die cuts for you.   I used the stitches stamps from the co-ordinating stamp set to create a matching frame and then I cut the large sentiment apart so I could get the needle and the bits of the sentiment I wanted where I wanted them.  If you are careful cutting up stamps needn't be scary - you can get a lot more from your stash that way, and they easily go back together on your acrylic block so you can still stamp them as the designers intended but you get to be your own designer too this way ;-)


We currently have a shipment from Avery Elle in customs clearance so hopefully we should have the new stock early next week :-)


3 comments:

Sarah G said...

Love that heart - your stitching is perfect! Great use of the challenge colour combo too :)

Diana Fisher said...

This is such a sweet card! Thanks for playing along with the Avery Elle Color Challenge!

Yana Smakula said...

such a pretty card! I especially like the stitching! Thanks for playing along with the AE Challenge!