Monday 17 March 2014

Water Blooms

Hi there.... something a little different from me today, I've gone rather floral :0)

As I'm sure you read in Tara's blog post yesterday, the DT this week are using a beautiful colour palette from design seeds to inspire our creative juices and it must be because the garden is bursting into life, because my immediate thoughts were floral!!

                                                         



I've used the Water Blooms stamp set from Mama Elephant, stamping the single flowers and leaves through an oval mask with pigment inks. To make darker centres on the round flowers I applied darker ink to the stamp using a dauber and over-stamped the original paler image. The leaves were a bit dinky for this treatment so I used pencils to add extra detail. The sentiment is from Oh Happy Day by Avery Elle which I stamped twice in black ink to make sure it stood out on the floral pattern :0)

Remember to pop back each day and see how the colours inspired each of us and you can play along too, Tara has placed a linky tool on her blog post here so you can share your colour inspired projects with everyone as well :0)

                                     Water Blooms  

Thanks for stopping by and see you next week :0)
Jenny x

1 comment:

Claire Toplis said...

That is a beautiful card. I have got to get the hang of stamping gyet.