Sunday 23 March 2014

Mother's Day Wreath

Happy Sunday - hope the weekend is treating you kindly.

I've suddenly realised that next Sunday is Mother's Day here in the UK and that I'd better get a wriggle on with my card making for it so today my make is the first of my cards - this one will be for my Godmother.


I started with the gorgeous new Spring Wreath Die from Wplus9 but I wanted the flowers I put on it to be more of a statement that the little blooms that come with the die so I added flowers using Papersmooches Flowers Dies.   To give some texture and a rich feel to the card I die cut all my elements from felt.  The sentiment in the centre is also from Wplus9 - the little Mother's Day Bouquet set which I stamped using the awesome new inks from Avery Elle - this one is Fog - a warm mid-grey.   After stamping the sentiment, I ran the panel through a woodgrain folder for more texture before adding the wreath and flowers and accenting them all with a tiny pearl centre.





Restocks from Papersmooches and Lawn Fawn were both posted from the States this week and I am waiting on Mama Elephant to process the order I placed last Saturday - keep an eye out for the new arrivals early to mid-April along with 2 new brands that I'll fill you in on later - I'm keeping those secret until they arrive ;-)

Enjoy the rest of your weekend - catch you later.

Tara

No comments: