Sunday 27 October 2013

Let it snow....

Hope you all enjoyed your extra hour in bed this morning.   As the much of the UK is braced for storms tonight, my thoughts turned to winter and I decided to play my Mama Elephant Polar Pals again but this time I set them in the snow...


I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut the word snow in large capital letters from some white cardstock but I left them on the mat while I worked on creating my scene across them.   Firstly I used the smallest snowflake from Lawn Fawn's Critters in the Snow to emboss some falling snow at the top of the letters.  I used a memory box die to create a mask and then using distress inks to create a sky adding an aurora borealis with neon green from from Hero Arts.   I created snowy hills in the foreground with more distress inks and some pearl spritz.  At this point the letters came off the sheet and onto the card before being edged with a stitched line.

Then it was time to add my pals - I stamped them onto more white card, coloured them with copics and glitter, before fussy cutting and adding to the card.   I finished by handwriting "let it" in the corner with a teal calligraphy pen.

It's a fun technique and you can do it with any word you fancy, just create your scene before moving the letters and then make sure the gaps stay the same when transferring to your project.

I've just noticed that both these sets are currently out of stock - I'm sure they'll be back in soon

Hope the storm passes you all without any problems....
See you next Sunday
Tara



No comments: