Tuesday 2 July 2013

Shabby Star

Hello!
All mixed up,just to keep you on your toes today as it is Lou here :-D

Ok,so today's card/tag is one of those things that happens from something completely different to what was originally in your head. 
I thought I was making a good friend a fairly punk rock Birthday card,using the gorgeous new Lawn Fawn Blue Skies set available here and using the largest Puffy Star die from the set as a base. But instead I saw my poor underused Sunny Skies set and their awesome new dies available here and here staring at me...(you know how they do). 
I have been desperate for those Puffy Star dies-how can anyone resist them! So I cut the largest on blue cardstock,then used white ink and a piece of cotton wool to blend out some clouds all over it. Roughed up the edges and inked them just a bit,for a bit of definition. Cut,stamped and coloured the birds and roughly placed them so I could get the ribbon in the right place. It took a little while to get the ribbon in the right looking way,but got there in the end! I used a tacky glue to sick tiny bits of its edged down as this gives fabric a bit more flexability. Then stamped the sentiment onto it and inked the edges of that too,as it looked to clean lol. I dyed a piece of seam binding to look slightly cloudy and sky-ish to top it off. I hope you like it as much as she did :-)

Lou x



No comments: