Saturday 13 July 2013

Fishy Fun!!

Hi there, looks like we are going to have another weekend of hot, dry weather so my subconscious took me in the direction of water for todays card!!
I've used the chalkboard from A Good Apple and turned it 180° to make an aquarium for some fishy fun.....


To create the water I stamped the board/tank onto a post-it note, then using a craft knife I cut out the middle section with a splash and ripple along the top for the water line. Place the mask over the stamped image on the white card and then I used distress inks blended together with a flick of water afterwards to make watery bubbles. I handcut a couple or water splashes from a post-it note too so I could use them the same way :0)


To give a realistic glass sheen to my aquarium I cut the frame from grey card and stuck a piece of stamp packaging behind it before adhereing to the card... not so bulky as acetate. The fish are from Critters under the Sea and the sentiment is from another watery set called Swimsuit Season which are both out of stock at this time.

I hope you enjoy your weekend and thanks for looking :0)
Jenny x

No comments: