Saturday 4 May 2013

Trolley Towers!!

Hi there.... Jenny here, hopefully at the start of a sunny Bank Holiday weekend!!
I'll say no more, I don't want tempt fate :0)

For my card today I've used the Paper Smooches Shopping Trolley die but 
I wanted to see what else I could do with it other than the obvious.
All those little squares and rectangles looked like windows to me and when I sliced up
the basket section it made a few great shaped buildings....


To give the windows a bit of glare I used a shimmery opaque vellum behind the buildings
and then added a few highlights with a white coloursoft pencil.
To add an extra pop of colour I used small enamel dots and drew in a string to turn them 
into balloons..... I'm thinking this could be for a New Job or New Home, hubby even suggested 
they look like school/uni buildings so possibly a new Graduate Card ???

Well that was fun... I love a bit of recycling!!

Have a great weekend and thanks for stopping by :0)
Jenny x

Sentiment from Paper Smooches 'Salutations'

2 comments:

maria f. said...

Ingenious! I truly suspected that the demand for a shopping cart die would be somewhat limited... you have done a fabulous job of stretching the supplies, Jenny! And the balloons - perfect.

Unknown said...

Jenny,you rock the 'other use' section for dies ;-)