Saturday 6 April 2013

A Masculine Border??

Hellooo... Jenny here again :0)

With the big kids at home this week for the Easter break I haven't had loads of time
for crafting but I did need a card for my Nephews birthday so I thought I would 
reach for my Lawn Fawn Interlocking Backdrops and make a clean and simple masculine card....


After stamping and embossing the border on brown card-stock in Vanilla White EP I used a craft 
knife to cut out some of the rectangles. I also stamped and embossed the same border on grey patterned paper and cut a few of the rectangles out so I could adhere them 
over the pattern with foam pads. The sentiment is from Grand Greetings, I had to cut the 
stamp in two so I could fit it to my card design.... 
(be careful if you try this, it's quite a tight gap between the words!!)
I followed the shape of the border with my craft knife and then adhered it to the cream card base.
I love the mosaic effect of the three colours.... this pattern reminds me of parquet flooring 
and fond memories of the dining hall floor at my first school!!

Just a reminder that the long awaited Lawn Fawn release has arrived and is 
on the store website here... it's going fast though but more stock is following soon :0)

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you get some crafty time this weekend :0)
Jenny x 


1 comment:

shirley-bee said...

Wow, I admire your patience, cutting out all those shapes, but it makes a great male card.

My memories of the school dining hall are definitely not fond - black eyed potatoes, gristly meat - yuk!