Tuesday 26 March 2013

Hello Honey

Hello again,Im back already! In place of Ruby today:-)

I have a confession...
I am a tag freak. I love tags. I love making them,I love getting them and I especially love looking at ones other people make. Today's blog is for a tag I have just finished,using the super duper cute Paper Smooches Loopy Leaf Die,which as soon as it arrived,I had an almost uncontrollable urge to use it with felt. I cuts it beautifully. I cut so many little green fronds,the craft room floor looks like a forest! They are so clean and pleasing. So anyway,I found a use for two of them (just another 3488 to go! ;-) )I put them on a simple white cardstock tag,originally with the idea of using them in a sort of Spring bouquet,but then I saw my Lawn Fawn Dewey Decimal petite pad peeping out under the piles of leaves I had just cut,and it was open on the honeycomb page. It looked so perfect it gave me a new idea. I used the gorgeous versatile new Paper Smooches Flag Tags set to create a fish tail flag and cut it out and stamped the cute stitching around the inside (what a great idea that is! Love Paper Smooches),set the leaves on the fish tail and coloured in the hive from beautiful Bee Mine set,and put it on pop dots. Stamped a little heart in the set,and my sentiment. I coloured the big bee and fussy cut her out. She looked too plain just on the card so I pinked off some burlap (another obsession of mine) and mounted her onto that. I cut a teeny tiny bit of tulle for her wings and glued the edge on,so that they flap. Then just added a little of the ever useful Lawn Fawn Triple Twine set in mustard. Voila!

Hope you like it!

Lou x



And used today:








1 comment:

Jenny said...

Tulle for the wings is such a great idea!!
What a cute tag :0)