Tuesday 22 January 2013

One Cool Chick

Hi there, it’s Ruby.  I hope that if you’re having snow it's not causing you too much hassle.  We have been stuck in a couple of times but I decided to use it as an opportunity to wind down a bit and learn some crochet.  It’s been on my to-learn list for-ever!  So far I can do a flower and a granny square!

Today’s card is for a lovely lady I haven’t known very long.  She is the most generous, kind, and fun person I’ve ever met.  So very knowledgeable, I feel really privileged to have met her.  She has been giving me lots of her time and guidance recently so I wanted to make her a little thank you.  I thought this proud peacock was up to the job!

MTDS 220113
I used Paper Smooches My Peeps.  For the top left I just stamped the one feather five times to make that five arrangement and coloured it in.  For the beautiful peacock I used the following sets;
  • First fan: 5
  • Second fan: 2, 3, 2
  • Third fan: 2, 2, 2, 2
My Peeps

As you can see the sentiment is from this set too.  I need to use the Owl.  My friend coloured him the other day in the most beautiful colour variations, must play!

I used the following Copics:
  • G09, G05, G03, G02
  • YG25, WG23, WG21
  • V09, YR30
Stay safe and cozy! 


6 comments:

Gillian R said...

Fabulous card, love it and I am sure your friend will love it too

Christine said...

Auch a Great ans Creative use of The Sketch! Love it!

Kate said...

This is one gorgeous card Ruby love everything about it :)
Kate xx

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Ruby...Love how you have done the feathers. XX

Jenny said...

Just loving how you used that sketch with the tail feathers :0)
Jenny x

Rosmarie said...

A really "cool" card Ruby ...love the colors you've used, they are so fresh and bright! This stamp set is really great!
Thank you for the nice comment on my card.

Rosi x