Tuesday 10 July 2012

Tag/Card/Recipe Set

Hi there.  It's Ruby. Today I have a little tag/card/recipe set to share with you.  You may have seen my lemonade set version on my blog a while ago, well I’ve got the bug now…

This one is all peachy!  I have been eyeing up the Paper Smooches Fruitastic set for a while now and when we had a gift to give I thought what better excuse to ‘have to’ buy it, I can wrap the gift and then do the bottle/accessories with my lovely new stamp set!  It’s always so much more justifiable if there’s a purpose, after all you’re kind of getting your money back on it in a way, aren’t you?!!

This little set started out with my peach; I stamped and cut 2 out then coloured them in with my Copics.

So taking each one in turn..
100712 (1)
(excuse the crumpled backdrop lol)
I matted the card base with card stock having tied around the twine bow before adhering.  I die cute the banner and stamped the sentiment ‘Celebrate’ from Paper Smooches Sentiment Sampler onto white cardstock.  I then die cut the label in polka dot paper, the doily label in white and then the chocolate circle (I always have to say chocolate and not brown because it’s my favourite food so brown doesn’t really cut it!) I then pop dotted my little happy peach on the top to finish.
100712 (2)
Next up is the little wine tag, the same layered effect but the finished panel was pop dotted onto the wine tag.  This was die cut but you can easily make your own just by cutting a banner shape and using a hole punch to cut out the top hole, I’m just lazy so bought it!
100712 (3)
Finally my little recipe card.  Again I matted the card base with kraft after I’d tied on the twine.  I then cut out the little banner, added some polka dot paper to tie the theme together and stamped a little 'berry’ which I am using as a peach.  I tried adding a little leaf to him but he just looked like he had a mohican so I decided against it!  I stamped the word ‘peach’ and then finally wrote on the little recipe. 
100712 (4)
I kind of worked backwards on this because it all started that I was going to do a ‘Kir Royale’ recipe but then I started reading around the symbolism of fruit and found that in China the peach is a symbol of health, long life and prosperity and that was what we wanted to wish our lovely friends so the peach it was!

Hope you have some fun playing around with some stamping today.  How could these little stamps not make you smile?!

Have fun!

1 comment:

Kate said...

Love Love Love these Ruby :0)
Kate xx